Personal care in providing legal services that enhance the quality of life for the elderly and individuals with special needs
As a solo practitioner, Mr. Mark gives each case his personal consideration when providing legal services. With extensive knowledge and experience, he focuses on delivering high quality services in a compassionate, efficient manner.
Mr. Mark helps navigate the often complicated process of estate planning including probate and the administration of the decedent’s estate. There are legal planning strategies that are available to preserve assets. Mr. Mark helps individuals protect and preserve the maximum allowable amount of life savings and assets from the catastrophic cost of long-term care. Nursing homes cost over $100,000 a year. Medicare may only pay part of the first 100 days. Once all assets are gone, Medicaid will cover the remaining cost.
Mr. Mark also establishes special needs trusts for individuals who are disabled and under the age of 65 years and supplemental special needs trusts for any individual who is disabled, including children who are disabled. He protects the house for the healthier spouse and protects the legal rights of an individual and his or her family when long-term care is required. If you do not know your rights, then you often do not know that you have those rights.
Elder Law Planning
- Medicaid planning
- Financing long-term care
- Appeals of Medicaid denials
- Protecting and preserving life savings and assets
- Wills including living wills and probate wills
- Powers of attorney including durable powers of attorney and health care powers of attorney
- Re-titling assets
- Trusts including living trusts, special needs trusts, supplemental special needs trusts, and testamentary trusts
- Administration of decedent’s estates
- Inventory of debts and assets of estate
- Apply to court to appoint client as Administrator if there is no Will
- Navigating through the legal obstacle course to ensure that the Executor or Administrator complies with the NJ probate and estate laws
- Preparing death tax returns, including the NJ inheritance tax return, NJ estate tax return, and the PA non-resident inheritance tax return
- Will contests
- Re-title assets
- Reverse half-loaf strategy with immediate annuity
- Retained rights in real property
- Life estate deed
- Exempt assets for married couple