Providing legal services that enhance the quality of life for the elderly and individuals with special needs
Mr. Mark helps navigate the often complicated process of estate planning including probate and the administration of the decedent’s estate. There are legal planning strategies that are available to preserve assets. Mr. Mark helps individuals protect and preserve the maximum allowable amount of life savings and assets from the catastrophic cost of long-term care. Nursing homes cost over $100,000 a year. Medicare may only pay part of the first 100 days. Once all assets are gone, Medicaid will cover the remaining cost.
Mr. Mark also establishes special needs trusts for individuals who are disabled and under the age of 65 years and supplemental special needs trusts for any individual who is disabled, including children who are disabled. He protects the house for the healthier spouse and protects the legal rights of an individual and his or her family when long-term care is required. If you do not know your rights, then you often do not know that you have those rights.
Elder Law Planning
- Medicaid planning
- Financing long-term care
- Appeals of Medicaid denials
- living will
- durable power of attorney
- health care power of attorney
- trusts, including living trusts, special needs trusts, supplemental special needs trusts, and testamentary trusts.
Administration of Estates
- Probate Wills
- Apply to court to appoint client as Administrator if there is no Will
- Navigating through the legal obstacle course to ensure that the Executor or Administrator complies with the NJ probate and estate laws
- Preparing death tax returns, including the NJ inheritance tax return, NJ estate tax return, and the PA non-resident inheritance tax return
- Re-title assets
- Reverse half-loaf strategy with immediate annuity
- Retained rights in real property
- Life estate deed
- Exempt assets for married couple